Wednesday 26 October 2011

My boyfriend is changing his mind about having a baby?

I am now 8 months pregnant and having a baby girl called Molly Jo Anderson. But my boyfriend is having second thoughts, his parents don%26#039;t agree with him having a baby too young, he IS only 18 and so am i but we both sai we were committed to looking after a baby. He was very excited at first but now he seems to be getting cold feet and saying that he isn%26#039;t sure. It%26#039;s too late to get an abortion and even if it wasn%26#039;t i still wouldn%26#039;t even think about gettin one, i%26#039;ve always wanted a kid and so has my boyfriend, i%26#039;m worried incase he runs away and leaves me single parenting the baby. why has he suddenly started changing his mind? What shud i do?
My boyfriend is changing his mind about having a baby?
Try not to worry, he%26#039;s scared, that%26#039;s all. The reality of the responsibility is kicking in and he%26#039;s worried that he won%26#039;t be a good parent. Talk to him, support him, if he loves you there%26#039;s no reason for him to run off and leave you holding the baby.



If the worst were to happen (but it won%26#039;t, I%26#039;m sure he%26#039;s jsut scared) and he did leave you don%26#039;t panic - I raised my son single handedly and whilst it%26#039;s not easy, it is possible to raise a perfectly healthy and well balanced child as a lone parent.
My boyfriend is changing his mind about having a baby?
he is just getting nervous just wait when he holds that little girl in his arms for the first time he will know then he made the right choice by staying with you its natural to be scared of life altering moments in life yall will be ok
there is nothing much you can do if hes going to run hes going to run just make sure he helps out with the financial side of it

but it sounds like hes getting nervous wait till your little one is bron he will soon change his mind
Hun, this is a really bad situation!! I made the same mistake, I got pregnant at 17 and had my baby at 18 also, the father was excited first just like you said and then he started saying little comments like %26#039;maybe we should have waited%26#039; %26#039;were to young%26#039; %26#039;im not good enough to be a father%26#039; and i got really worried that he was going to leave me. He sticked around for the first 6 months of Jessica being born and then i went to work he was looking after jess then when i got back jess wasn%26#039;t there nor ian the note said %26#039;i cant do it,im too young,haven%26#039;t had my fun yet,sorry. %26#039; I was so hurt broken but guess what. You find other men that will do anything to be a father to your baby. And although thgere not the biological father they are still there for you. So,im not sure what you are going to do, but remember if he leaves then hes not worth it. Maybe give it to your parents to look after until you guys are a bit older?
Its probably just nerves, the closer it gets the more nervous he gets i wouldn%26#039;t worry too much about it just try to reassure him that it will be ok.



Anyway its a bit late now to go changing his mind he is gonna be a dad whether he decides to leave or not
It%26#039;s probably nerves, the reality of what%26#039;s happening is starting to hit him. I have this problem. My baby%26#039;s father broke up with me cos he couldn%26#039;t cope, and even now he%26#039;s changed completely - going out most nights and the like.. it%26#039;s just a last minute panic. Just wait until he sees your baby girl, nothing else will be more important than being there for her.

And if he is a jerk and leaves you, like my baby%26#039;s father has, make sure you get him for child support. Congrats and good luck.
Get used to the idea of bringing the child up pretty much on your own.
I think men get cold feet about the baby- the more time they have to think about it, the more scared they get. My husband started clamming up with me about the subject about a month ago, and still is a little closed about it, even though he was excited and happy at the beginning.

If he%26#039;s a good guy, and if he%26#039;ll be a good father, he%26#039;ll realize how special the baby is and how lucky he is when he holds your little girl for the first time. If he doesn%26#039;t, honestly, you may be better off without him- you can still raise your baby to be a fine girl/woman without him.

Wishing you the best of luck.
i think hes just being nervous...its different for guys cos they cant feel the baby moving and stuff that you feel and so its not real to him until the baby is there to hold.....my boyf was the very same ...kept having second thoughts...we were both 18 and now our lil boy is 5 and my boyf is still with us. as for his parents once they see their lil grandchild i think they will accept that he has a baby and will want to be involved too. dont stress out, it will all come together for you in the end. Just reassure him that even though you are young it doesnt men your life stops, you can both still go out and have fun, im sure you%26#039;ll have loadsa babysitters and ull have a gorgeous baby in a few weeks to hold.
I was a dad at 16 and I was terrified!

I loved my girlfriend but honestly thought I could never be a proper dad at that age and was so scared of committing the next 18 years of my life to bringing her up.

Nevertheless, I was present at the birth and it was the most magical thing I%26#039;d ever seen...

Over the next few weeks I visited my girlfriend %26amp; daughter more and more and eventually after a few months I moved in with them and never looked back.



My daughter is now 23 years old lol and although she%26#039;s left home now, I still have a really good bond with her and a close relationship.



I can%26#039;t imagine what it would have been like if I hadn%26#039;t faced up to my responsibilities.



I%26#039;m sure your boyfriend will see sense too :)
its natural nearer the time for both or one parent to be nervous and have second thoughts, but believe me he loves this baby and he wouldnt do anything to hurt either of you. talk to him about your concerns and im sure he will open up, he is probably just scared of the responsibility and commitment which is normal at any age. when the baby is born things will change, dont panic just suport each other and you will be fine. im due tomorrow with my and my boyfriends baby, were 19/20 and 100% ready for our baby that i was told i couldnt concieve, when you think about the huge responsibility it can seem scary to some but just think about the brilliant future you are going to have as parents, nothing can take that away. good luck.
Adults look after their own babies.

I grieve for our country when I hear of such shirking from youngster who are not gifted in the art of home building.

I lay blame at the door of their doting parents who never allow their kids to experience responsibility but shield them as thought their children are more precious than others... fact is, nobody is more precious than anyone else, many will find this out as this next year in particular unfolds...

Bare up kids shoulder your share, prove yourselves worthy.



A reminder to all parents... YOUR DUTY is to bring up your children in such a manner that they can face the world square on without fear of failure, that is the way to rear successful and happy children as indeed the natural world can show, they must experience the trials and tribulations of life, or, how else can they hope to overcome such daunting things when you are gone...!!!
You should have thought it through before you went ahead with it. He%26#039;s having second thoughts? HA! Too late for that now isn%26#039;t it? You got rooked and as a parent of a 14 yr old girl, I hope your father doesn%26#039;t let him off the hook. Kids don%26#039;t want to listen to reason these days. Sorry, I%26#039;m not so much mad at you as I am the situation. What was the rush to have a kid now? Your finding out at a bad time what kind of man your boyfriend really is. This is exactly the reason why people should wait until they are either married or at least in their early 20%26#039;s Did you two think about how your going to raise this kid? What kind of jobs do the two of you have? I%26#039;m sure at 18 years of age, you two are not exactly making top dollar.
He is probly scared and might be having second thoughts if he is then there is nothing you can do you will have a beafuil baby But if he is just nevrous talk him round it tell him that how do you think you feel your having the baby x
he is selfish only thought of him self
It%26#039;s a bit late for him to be having second thoughts!
It%26#039;s ok sweety. Just about every man gets nervous when their baby is getting close to being here. Especially first time fathers when they are that young. Don%26#039;t worry about anything he%26#039;ll forget about it when he looks at his baby girl for the first time and he will fall in love with her.
Reality is hitting. Once the baby is here hopefully things chance for the better.
tell him he laid down to make this baby now he can help with the responsibility of her. he%26#039;s probably just getting cold feet because you guys are young, but it%26#039;ll all work out when she gets here.
hes just getting scared probably its just hit him what it involves just wait till he holds her and there will be no looking back for him