Wednesday 26 October 2011

Doctor keeps changing his mind, 38 wks & 2 days, anyone had similar experiance?

So I am 38 wks and 2 days today, and my doctor keeps changing his mind and I'm starting to feel like an idiot!



- First of all, I was preterming for a while and on medication, so I had to make a few trips to the hospital for contractions to get a shot of medicine to stop them



- After I was told to go off the medication he monitored me every week and I was contracting irregularly, and was dialating slowly. At the point of me being dialted to 3, he told me if I felt contractions to go to hospital just in case.



- I was feeling contractions and went to hospital and was sent home, they said they weren't close enough and I wasn't dialted enough



- I was then at my appointment and was dialted to a 4, and he said that if I dialate to 5 or if i feel contractions to go to hospital and they would induce me.



- Yesterday I went to hospital, I was contracting 2-5 minutes apart, and was dialated 4-5 cm. and he sent me home.



- He said that he wanted to try to wait until I am 39 weeks, which is Wednesday



I am not sure why he keeps telling me to go to hospital under these circumstances and then sending me home, I am starting to feel discouraged to go to the hospital and I feel like he keeps changing his mind. I understand that I should have this baby in me as long as possible, but I am afraid that I am gonna end up having this child at home!!! Has anyone gone through this, and what does everyone think?
Doctor keeps changing his mind, 38 wks %26amp; 2 days, anyone had similar experiance?
the longer baby stays in the better... as long as your water isnt broke then you might as well not get induced.



I think he is thinking that since things are moving slowy... to hold out on induction.
Doctor keeps changing his mind, 38 wks %26amp; 2 days, anyone had similar experiance?
That doctor sounds like he is procrastinating. Its safe to have the child after 38 weeks. No major development is left in the last two weeks that is worth the risk of not making it to the hospital in time.



I would tell the doctor that I'm not leaving the hospital without my baby! :-) Good Luck!
Your doc sounds like an idiot. You are full term. there is no reason to stop labor at this point.
Your Doctor seems like a real idiot. 38 weeks along is a good time to have the baby. He can not stop when you have the baby. that is up to God. you are definitely in labor. i am so sorry you have to go through this. I would go back to the hospital and demand him keep you. You can't go though this pain. some doctors are so stupid.
I haven't gone throough it but I know they are suppose to keep you if you are 4 cm's. I would go to the hospital and tell him you are not going anywhere and to give you pitocin to induce you. You're only 5 days shy of 39 weeks and you are at full term already. You need to do what's best for you. Awomen can dilate from 5 to 10 very quickly. I really hope you go back to the ER and tell them to induce you.
I have never been through this, but i really feel for you. I think they're crazy. At 5cm dilated I think they should keep you in the hospital. I completely understand your fear of delivering at home. I would feel the same way. Try not to feel discouraged about going in though, you don't want to not go when it's finally time. Good luck, I'm sure it will be very soon.
I went through this with my first pregnancy 12 years ago, I actually was not induced until 43 weeks. They won't wait that long with you and I don't think you will even make it that long anyway. Sounds to me like you will be having this abby very soon. It is very discouraging to be this far along and know that your baby will be perfectly healthy if delivered now, and on top of that you have mixed messages from your doctor I can understand your frustration. Just hang in there hun it will be soon. Congrats and good luck!
I would be annoyed too.... After 37 wks they are considered full term. I had preclampsia with my daughter and had her at 36wks and 5 days. She was still considered preterm because she was under 37wks but I am now pregnant with twins and they told me I can only go up to 37 wks which is considered full term in any pregnancy. If your body is ready to have the baby then they need to keep you there and monitor you. They are probably trying to keep space open in-case any other women come in that are dilated more then you are. I understand your frustration ... Sorry you are dealing with that, with everything going on with your body that's the last thing you need to be dealing with.