Friday 7 October 2011

Can I change my mind about selling my house?

My house has been on the market for 2 weeks. I am starting to wonder if I am making a mistake! I don't know if this is a normal feeling or is it really that I'm making a big mistake. Me and my husband have done a lot of work in our home and compared to the properties out there, (in our price range) they need a lot of work. I love my home, I just don't like the area and I have a small yard. Which I would love to have a big yard for summer bar.b.q.'s and get a pool. I have read the contract, there is nothing that states anything about the seller changing their mind. And the agents fee is 6% of the sale price. If there is any agents or brokers out there who can give me advice or if this is a normal feeling, please let me know. Me and my husband have lived here with our two children for almost 12 years. So we really do concider this %26quot;home%26quot; both of my kids are all for the move. Please help! Thanks!
Can I change my mind about selling my house?
Unless you are certain that you want to sell and move.



Don't! Remember %26quot;When in doubt, don't%26quot;



You and hubby get on the same page. Let it sit for a 24 hr. period and if you still feel the same way. Make or break the deal.



Call the Agent and tell them you must have bumped your head. You love your home and don't want to move. Apologize for wasting their time. Offer to send them at least 2 referral this year. Ask them to please take the lock box off and the sign down immediately. They may not completely cancel the contract with you. Once in a blue moon someone flip flops and then flips again. so Brokers know this and will usually keep you technically in the contract for the full listing period.

But effectively no one will know your house is listed. no mls, no sign, no showings, no sale.



I sold a wonderful place last year about this time. Now that it's been a year, I realize I was really very attached to that place. I miss it. But, cest la vie. I'm happy where I am.



Best of luck,
Can I change my mind about selling my house?
As a real estate Agent, my best advice is to call your agent tell him or her the truth, and tell them that if in the future if you decide to sell your house you will use their services, this willl land will with the agent and i am sure their will be no bad terms with the agent and no commission owed., He may require you to compensate him for the advertising that has already been done though. which is better than the full commission
YOu signed a contract with no end? Usually they are three months here in Canada. If it has no end date, that's weird. YOu could call the real estate organization in your state, and if you don't like their answer, call a lawyer that specializes in real estate.
Moving can be a huge step, but just because you have your home on the market doesnot mean you have to sell, and if you recieve an offer, you do not have to accept it.
Unless your real estate agent has done something that could be considered incompetent or illegal you do not have a right to cancel the listing without compensating him/her.



What I would do is communicate with the realtor, tell the realtor that you have changed your mind and ask to cancel the listing.



If the realtor refuses then make unreasonable demands, make it hard for the realtor to show the house -in general become such a nightmare that they give up. Eventually, your listing will expire.