Wednesday 26 October 2011

Changing my mind about baby's name?

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and had decided on the name Cody Xavier several weeks ago. Now I'm rethinking it. We've already told everyone we were naming him Cody but I have heard the name everywhere since deciding on it and I'm already a little tired of it. I'm thinking of Conor Xavier. His older sisters are names Katie Lynn and Kylie Elizabeth, so



Which name do you prefer Cody Xavier or Conor Xavier?



What would you think about changing your mind on your babies name this late after already telling everyone?



I don't know if I'm just being hormonal or what, but I'm driving myself nuts. My hubby leaves it up to me, he wanted Xavier as a middle name but that's it.
Changing my mind about baby's name?
Yeah, we told everyone we're having a Charlotte - well not anymore. The same thing happened with us, we heard that name everywhere. Now, we're due Nov 20 and still have no idea what to call her. So really, I think it's perfectly fine to change your mind - and people will be surprised when you tell them the new name.



I like Conor. Xavier is an awesome name too by the way, one of my faves.
Changing my mind about baby's name?
I like Conor better.....it flows good together!



Good luck and God bless
I did the same thing...I just told everyone we found something that we liked better...%26amp; wasn't as common.



Connor Xavier is best
Conor Xavier, definitely. I don't like the name Cody. It sounds a bit... tacky.



I wouldn't think badly of some-one for re-thinking your baby's name. After all, it sticks with him for life. Better now than 15 years later, him hating you for calling him something dreadful.
cody xavier sound and flows better than conor xavier,both names are popular but i have always loved the name cody and you can always call him by his middle name.as for changing his name after you told everyone,its your baby and your the one that has to call his name everyday(multiple times),so you loving the name is better than hating it.
I personally like conor more but you should think about which you'd prefer to be calling him for the rest of his life. I've been there it's hard.
I prefer Xavier Conor or Conor Xavier they both sound really nice. Just trying to help.
You could spell it like this: KONNER so that it starts with a K live the girls, I also really like Austin, Xander (pronounced: Zander), Zephyr, Tyler, Lucas, Logan, Steven, Michael, TODD, Nathaniel...so so many to choose from. Good Luck! Congratulations!!!
Connor. You don't hear that name much.
Conor Xavier is soo much better. its stunning. i dont think you have to worry about what elerybody else will do now that you've changed your mind - its YOUR child and your not giving birth to please THEM. i think, if you decide to change it (which i totally think you should) keep it a suprise until he is born and everybody will be so in love with little Conor Xavier.



Xavier is pure genius.



MWAHHH!

xxxxxxx



all the best..
I like Connor better then Cody. I cant picture a man named Cody. A boy yes, but not a man.
im 36 wks! congrats!

well i change my mind daily on names so i dont think its u going nuts. connor is a cool name, maybe see how u feel in a few days or a week. yes i would change it if i didnt like cody as much as i once did, dont be stressed about other people. just tell them u changed ur mind before they buy gifts with names on them. i personally am not telling people which name i plan to use, because i want to wait till my baby is in my arms and see if it feels right.



gl with it all
The same thing happened to my mum, she was stuck on the name Georgia for my little sister, (this was 12 years ago, and it wasnt that common in england) and a couple of days before she was born, i went to a party, and they had like different birthdays going on, and every birthday girl was called Georgia. Now shes called Alyssa.

I hear of more Conor't than Cody's, but I think Conor that is a name that will suit him all through his life :)

Your other two childrens names are lovely too :)

xx
Go with Connor Xavier! Cody is a nice name but unfortunately is overly common.
Conor is quite a popular name. I have heard it much more than Cody. You are probably just getting nervous.. Wait until you see the baby and then decide. You'll know.
I think Cody Xavier flows much better. I know so many people with the last name Connor that it just doesn't sound right as a first name.
would you perhaps like Conley or Kenley
I like Cody Xavier much better. Conor is way more common than Cody and I hear people named Conor on a daily basis. Maybe its different where you are from but in Australia Conor is a very common name.
Conor would sound nicer as he gets older. Cody sometimes sounds like just a boys name. But it's up to you!



Oh by the way my sister in law told everyone she was going to name her daughter Holly. And we had all been calling bub that until she was actually born and Mena decided to call her Maddison. Kind of a shock but she must have just looked more like a Maddison at that moment. Mental.



All the best!
i like Conor.

Its your baby and he's not here yet so why shouldn't you change your mind? Better now than when he's here.
i really prefer Conor over Cody i dont really know why i just like the sound of Conor. And i dont think it's bad to change your mind about the name so late in the game, my first brother was supposed to be a Nicolas and then at the hospital my mom decided her wasnt a Nicolas and named him James. It's a woman's perogative to change your mind anyway. Besides it's your baby.
I like Cody a lot more. Conor seems more popular/overused. But it's up to you. You don't want to be sick of your child's name or just not like it at all. You have to hear the name every single day. Why not decide when he's born and see which name works the best for him?
Conner, that;s what happened to me too. I changed my mind at the end.
Katie, Kylie, Cody sounds like a tongue-twister, haha.

I prefer Conor. =]
i like Conor better but you need to take at 3 three names with you so when you meet him you will know what his name is, it usually comes to us when we look at our child for the first time. Do not tell anyone what names you are now considering just tell them that it may not be Cody and you are still thinking. You dont need to name the child before it's born....in Australia you have about 3 weeks to decide, it might be longer. So dont rush your decision.
i do like the name cody better then connor every cody i have meet has been sweet and well manned and every connor i meet his be rude and disgusting but in the end i like both it is you call

but here is a website that has baby names with c for the boys hope it helps a little
I prefer the name Cody