Wednesday 21 September 2011

What would make someone change their mind?

I%26#039;ve always known that I don%26#039;t want to have kids. The idea of spending years driving to soccer practice and doing extra cooking and cleaning doesn%26#039;t appeal, never mind the hideous business that is pregnancy and childbirth, but I hear loads of women %26#039;change their mind%26#039; when they get to my age. What makes them change their minds? At what point do you say %26#039;I%26#039;ve got too much money and spare time, and I%26#039;ve acheived everything I want to acheive in life; I think I%26#039;ll have a kid.%26#039;?



I just can%26#039;t imagine changing my mind, but everybody assures me, in highly patronising tones, that I will. What would make me change my mind, give up who I am and turn into a mother?
What would make someone change their mind?
I%26#039;m 48 and childless, so obviously not everyone changes their minds, but....... some of the people I know who have, say it%26#039;s because their husbands, who they met after their initial declarations of childlessness, basically broadened their horizons, and made the concept of kids and all the accompanying errands, work and apparently great joy seem very worthwhile.
What would make someone change their mind?
Loads of 拢拢$$ might help..
Some women do and some don%26#039;t ever have children. I hate it when people make you feel like there is somethin wrong with you because of a choice you have made for yourself. I am about to give birth to my third child, but my older sister has none. I don%26#039;t think she ever will and that%26#039;s her choice, some people just don%26#039;t want kids. I have seen women change their minds after marriage, or a death in the family(heaven forbid) some times it%26#039;s a big life altering thing that does it. If you really don%26#039;t want kids that%26#039;s you choice though and no one has the right to tell you different or treat you badly because of it. As a mother of three I can assure though that I have not given up who I am, I have expanded on it. It has made me more of who I am.
You are right Smart Blon !!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing ever will ......... So relax %26amp; enjoy life %26amp; dont even think of any possibilities.
Giving your age would help, I didn%26#039;t want any either but had my first at 35 due to a faulty IUD, I thought well go for it because you can%26#039;t beat nature, I had a girl and didn%26#039;t want her to be an only child but there is never a good time to plan a baby because you put it off and put it off but mother nature helped again and we had a condom failure - just once - so I thought this is it, and it was, another girl. If it hadn%26#039;t been for these slips I would never have got round to it.
It%26#039;s a personal choice. There might come a time where you might want to have a child. It%26#039;s all about choices. I%26#039;ve been fortunate to have a good father for the my two children. If I wouldn%26#039;t have gotten pregnant I think I would%26#039;ve been totally content spending money on myself. Children are very expensive. Statistics show that professionals have less and less children. It is a selfish choice I agree with. You can not be a great parent if you don%26#039;t want to be there emotionally and physically. Someone I know told me some time ago that she%26#039;s just simply to irresponsible for a child. She knows her limits. I think it%26#039;s great. I wish more parents would do the same. Look at all the children available for adoption and/or foster care.
Totally agree, I%26#039;m 32 and at no point has that biological clock started ringing with me and I hope it never does.



I hate it when people give you that pitiful look when you say you don%26#039;t want kids, like you%26#039;re missing out on something! Yeah right, I%26#039;m really missing tantrums, screaming and the endless chorus of %26quot;I want, I want%26quot;.



I do think there is something genetic that can kick in though. My friend really was always like me, then she got to 30 and went nuts for a baby. I just find the whole thing weird. As for pregnancy and childbirth, yes how can that be %26quot;natural%26quot;. Hideous. I don%26#039;t understand why any woman would want to part with something the size of a small cow.
Personally I think being a mother is the most honorable and noble thing that you could ever do. And some aren%26#039;t even lucky enough to be able to experience it. I look forward to doing the greatest thing that I could ever do with my time and energy, taking care a whole other human life, in hope that the time that you spent would someday make a difference to that child and that child could someday maka a difference to someone else.

As women that is what we are made to do best, have children and raise them with love and compassion.

But if that isn%26#039;t what you want to do there is nothing wrong with that, everyones experience and thoughts are different, that%26#039;s what%26#039;s so great about living now in this era is that you have that choice. Best of wishes.
Nothing has to change your mind, most of these women wanted children to begin with secretly. I have 3 grown daughters , one has a child the other two do not and why would anyone try to pressure them, I have 3 stepdaughter who could care less about their children. So if you do not want them at any time just tell people you do not want them and there are plenty to be adopted if you pass a child bearing age or don%26#039;t want to go through child birth. There are more than enough women to have children out there, yours will not hurt population growth. My brother is in his late 40%26#039;s never had a child, will not date a women or marry a women that has or wants children, he has no use for them. And I honor a person that knows what they don%26#039;t want and sticks to it.
I totally agree with you. I think if a woman doesn%26#039;t want to have children and doesn%26#039;t, that is to be commended. There are so many women who feel like they %26quot;have%26quot; to have children and that%26#039;s one reason there%26#039;s so much child abuse. Don%26#039;t worry about what these people are saying, they%26#039;re probably just jealous because they%26#039;re stuck with a bunch of screaming, stinking kids.
Dont feel bad. Dont feel bad if you never want to have children.



I have one daughter and I only wanted one. Thank GOD I had her C-section. I have seen lives births and think they are GROSS, SMELLY and I would not put a dog through that much pain. Nature my fatt butt. !!



Get a dog and tell people that think you need to have kids to leave you alone.
you might not feel that feeling when you have sex,

go to the doctor for check up,

get results that you are pregnant,

not even when you Bf or husband hugs you hard ,

not when your mom or dad smiles at that news,

not when your walking with that big tummy,

but once you get to feel that tender skin of the baby, the touch of the baby, the tooth-less laugh, the gentle feeling, and the proudness of mother feeding, that makes you feel you are a women. thats why people say that.
It%26#039;s pretty patronising of people to tell you that you will change your mind. Many people don%26#039;t ever want to have children and not everyone does change their mind. But saying that, I know women who have changed their mind in their 40s!

In terms of what would make you change your mind...I found that a mixture of meeting the right man and hormones did it for me!
It may be the thought of being alone in the golden years and the thought of missing grandchildren coming by to visit and love. The other thing that I remember about my small children was the unconditional love that I recieved from them. There is something special in the love of a child.
I was adamant that I didn%26#039;t want children (being phobic of pregnant women just reinforced it) but then I met my husband and I suppose some sort of biological clock kicked in. I suppose it was a mixture of two things - biological clock and meeting someone that I did want to have children with. Having an accident with contraception and getting pregnant finally made my mind up for me. I was 35 when I had my baby and I know that it was the right thing for me. There are no wrong or right answers as to whether you want to have a child or not. I think that people should support other%26#039;s choices and not harass people like you who have different goals and aims in life. But it cuts both ways: I don%26#039;t expect to be looked down on by those women who chose not to have children because I have chosen a different path from them, although I still work full-time and have a successful career.
http://www.childfree.net



http://www.nokidding.net
If you don%26#039;t want any, don%26#039;t have any!



My baby is now four and half months old and he%26#039;s very cute. All the family and friends are asking when I%26#039;m having another and I said I%26#039;m not. I%26#039;m also not changing my mind. It%26#039;s really hard work and I told them I%26#039;m not gonna have a baby that I don%26#039;t want, it will be unfair to the baby and to me!



My hubby wanted another baby already and since his mom passed away about a month ago, he changed his mind. He said he will be too sad to have another one that she won%26#039;t be able to see. You can maybe use something like this as an excuse (I know I sound horrible) but it will keep other people from bothering you. I know, people can be so demanding, but at the end it%26#039;s you that will have to take care of that baby.
To be a parent is a completely selfless act. It is the child first no matter what no matter when. It is very hard at times and it sounds like something that does not interest you. You might not ever change your mind. There are some people who are made to be parents and others who arent. Do not let anyone pressure you into thinking you HAVE to have kids....because children need to come into this world loved and wanted. The need someone who is 100% selfless and ready to give 100% to them. If YOU decide and only you, that you have changed your mind and for the right reasons, then that would be great, if you don%26#039;t there is nothing wrong with that either. Good luck to ya in life!! Merry christmas
Well, i%26#039;d say that%26#039;s YOUR decision to make..no matter how many others think that patronizing you will get you to change your mind. If you are sure that you don%26#039;t want kids, hey good for you (you%26#039;ll have your figure intact.. lol)



Some of us KNOW that we want kids, and some know that they don%26#039;t. My Aunt Sherry decided she didn%26#039;t want kids, and never had any.



I would say ignore those comments, and think about what YOU really want!
I couldnt imagine having kids myself, but im only 19!!!!
if you really dont want children then you shouldnt have them it only make you miserable and the child trust me. i also think that only a very indepant person could make a dision like that and not cave in to society exceptionation of them. other than that you will just have to put up with there comical looks stupid nosey questions
Im 30 and I did not want kids when younger then at about 26 I badly wanted then going from bad relationship to awful relationship looking for a husband to help me produce babies. At 30 Im single pregnant happy, I just don%26#039;t want the man. A child makes my life complete as long as you know what is right for you and what makes you happy great. Only thing is you have to be sure as time is ticking on and after 35 you cannot have ivf.