Friday 16 September 2011

18 days and changing mind like crazy?

Our wedding is getting so close I can touch it!



But after having had details cemented forever, I'm all of the sudden doubting everything.



I feel like I should have got a different dress, that we should dance to a different first dance song, that I wish our ceremony was outdoors instead of in a church, etc...



I'm not doing anything to make these changes, because I know they're brought on by nerves...I guess I was just surprised at the second-guessing and stress that I have after having been calm the last 8 months!





Has anyone else run into the situation of having been a calm bride-to-be suddenly hit with the jitters?



Did it come out of nowhere for you, too? How did you deal?
18 days and changing mind like crazy?
Hey, at least you're not wishing for a different groom. :)



I'm sure it's normal to get all anxious right before the big day comes. But try to keep in mind it's unlikely to impossible everything will be perfect, anyway. Remind yourself that you were confident in your decisions throughout the planning process and are only now freaking out because the clock is ticking and you are nervous. It will be fine. Enjoy your day for all it is and have fun!
18 days and changing mind like crazy?
Well, all you can tell yourself is that it's too late to make changes now. I think all of us have a tendency to want to change something once it's been decided upon. It's human nature. But you'll see, on your wedding day, that all your original inclinations were right on, and it will be a beautiful day just like you always imagined. Remember, it's not about the dress, the decorations, or the party. At the end of the day it's about you marrying the man you love.
Welll

I've been married three times.

#1- I planned and married in a church wedding with all the bugdeted trimmings in 4 months.

#2. Courthouse JOP married us

#3. Courthouse JOP married us.



Was I scared or nervous?? YOU BET..

I dont knwo how I dealt with it.. I just took a deep breath and remembered that everything had its place and that I had chosen what I wanted, those around me were pleased and happy too and things were going to happen the way they were gonna happen.. and I could come along for the ride or I could be scared and not have any fun at all.
I know exactly how you feel!!! I am a natural second-guesser, but I practiced making final decisions all throughout the wedding planning process. Then the morning of the wedding, I was SOOO extremely nervous about all of the decisions I had made. I had to just go with the flow, and that's what I think you need to do, too. Take lots of deep breaths and trust that everything you've selected is perfect and will be gorgeous. All your guests will primarily care about seeing you and your future husband happy and smiling! You will look fabulous in the dress that you have chosen and all of the details will fall into place. Enjoy your last couple weeks of engagement!!! It will go so fast!
i think you're just nervous. getting married is a big thing in your life and you just want it to be perfect. you could try to change the things you can but just accept the things you can't change. you have your groom and it's about the two of you, the wedding is just a bonus xD

it's normal to be a bit nervous before an important event, just don't let it take you over =)
I am going through the same thing, and my wedding is still far away!! But things I purchased, I am second guessing... It's so nerve-wrecking!! When I brought it to other peoples attentions, they all said %26quot;you are in love with this; you were so happy with this; it's gorgeous; etc. etc%26quot; They reassured me on my decisions, that they WERE INDEED great, and what I want!! I am one of the hardest people to make a decision on my own, AND I'm a people pleas-er.... I want to make sure it's going to fit for everyone else too.... Once you find out how you deal with it, let me know... ;) But, I would def. suggest talking to your loved ones that are close and that you trust, and ask how you first reacted to things when you first told them... It might make you realize that when you first decided on it, you loved it, and then still DO love it...
It was 2 weeks before our wedding when I started freaking out. I tried to talk my fiance into marrying me right then and there, taking a trip to the courthouse. Even though we had chartered a boat and all the arrangements were made, he was in agreement, but was unable due to work obligations. I had to keep busy and occupy my time with projects, puzzles, anything I could for those two weeks. When the day came, I finally got my dream wedding just like I really wanted. So just keep telling yourself your dream will come true in just a few short days and pre-occupy yourself with friends or projects.
Every bride does this! dont worry. you put a lot of thought into all those choices and they will prove to be the right choice. One thing I tell my clients is you go with your first instincts, thats usually the right one!



Relax, take a few days off from %26quot;wedding stuff%26quot; and spend time with your guy or friends
Whew, I'm really glad you're changing your mind about wedding details and not your future husband! I'm getting married in 18 days too -- we have the same wedding date! And yes, my nerves came out of nowhere and I'm completely stressed and afraid my wedding is going to be so ugly, even though I loved everything about it a month ago. I think it's just wedding jitters. You picked every and loved it at one time, so just try and relax and enjoy your day.