Wednesday 21 September 2011

Christians: Why aren't you open to changing your mind about the existence of god?

They don't want to leave their comfort zone. The believe in letting sleeping dogs lie.
Christians: Why aren't you open to changing your mind about the existence of god?
Because I have experienced God and you can't take that away
Christians: Why aren't you open to changing your mind about the existence of god?
I'm deist, not Christian, but the reason I'm not %26quot;open%26quot; to it is that my sense of logic and reason tells me that some kind of creator is the most logical hypothesis. I can't fight my common sense.



I readily agree that the tyrannical God of the Bible doesn't exist, though.
My analogy is to being married and not looking at the menu. I found what I was looking for and stopped looking.
I am. Show me some irrefutable scientific evidence for the non-existence of God, and I'll be glad to have a look. I've never asked that other people share my beliefs, and hope that others are capable of understanding that I have a right to believe whatever I wish, just as they do. I've always said that if somebody can show me a better way, I'm open to hearing their plan. That extends to claims of the non-existence of deities. However, most people who tell me that God doesn't exist invoke scientific claims to make their case; therefore, it seems to me that a scientific argument would be the most effective one in this situation. I don't expect people to believe in God just because I said so, and I don't plan on accepting %26quot;because I said so%26quot; as a reason for radically altering my beliefs, either.
because once you experience a miracle there really isnt any other way.
I am open to you changing your picture. That one is truly ugly. It is hard for me to take you seriously with that face.