Saturday 24 September 2011

What can make my mother change her mind ?

moving into a new home the walls in my room r pink and i so dont want that color on my walls and my mother keeps saying that the color is cute and they r going to stay that color b cuz we r not changing them.so any ideas on getting her to change her mind.
What can make my mother change her mind ?
Idea #1: If your birthday is coming up, ask for paint (using suggestions previously mentioned) for your room.



Idea #2: Look at %26quot;oops%26quot; paint at Lowe's or Home Depot. Gallons are usually sold for about $5.00 each. Point out a color you like to your mom when you are there . It is paint people have mixed and they don't like it or it doesn't match what they thought it would.



Idea #3: Offer to keep one wall pink and use a complimentary or neutral color on the other three walls. Find a comforter or bedspread that picks up a bit of the pink but incorporates the colors you like.



Idea #4: Find out about sponging a color (you like) over the pink (your mom likes) as a compromise.
What can make my mother change her mind ?
Maybe if u offer to paint them and suggest to her what u want.
Offer to paint it yourself. Pick a nice neutral color (warm buff) that you can both agree on , and point out how inexpensive it is to do. Plus it will boost the value of the home if the walls aren't PINK!!





Please don't pick white, it's almost as nauseating as pink.
go to lowes or a paint store or even wal-mart carries paint and get some different color paint samples and find out the prices of them and take them to your Mom and tell her these are what you like and explain to her it is your room and you will be spending alot of time in there and don't like the Pink color and tell her you will paint it and if you have money that you will pay for a gallon or 2 of paint your Self or you will work around the house to make the money for the paint.
I don't want to come between you and your mom, but pink really does give me headaches. If I am in a pink room for long periods of time, I actually get sick to my stomach (I am an adult women)



Keep in mind that your mom wants to keep you her sweet precious daughter. For us older women, pink means little girls with blue meaning little boys.



I would sit down with her and very calmly tell her that you have to live in that room and it really makes you uneasy. Ask if you can paint it white. White may not be your color, but it is better than pink. And it is a color a mom would go for.



Before you do anything, please read this link:



http://www.holisticonline.com/Color/colo鈥?/a>
just do it yourself while she's at work or something that way she can't say anything you did it by yourself!
Ugh. . . I know that feeling, as my room at my parents' was literally hot pink (a legacy from previous owners way back when having a hodgepodge of bright room colors in your house was the fashion) and then a lighter pink as a compromise to not having to put 3-4 coats of white paint on just to cover that up until I was into high school. And, however non-girly of me it may be to say this, I hate pink.



Definitely offer to help as much as you can, although I suspect part of your mother's reason for wanting to leave it as-is is that she likes the idea of your room being pink. Do you have much pink stuff at all? If yes, that may work against you a bit since she can justify it as having the walls match what you're putting in it.



My suggestion would be to point out that you're not going to be living there forever and that it might be better to go with something more neutral in case she wants to do something else with the room later or if they sell the house. . . and it's sooo much simpler to paint before there's a bunch of stuff in the room.
if the house is a rental house painting may not be an option. if this is the case perhaps new bed linens with a little of the pink shade and a lot of a color you do like would help.



if your mom is buying the house perhaps she doesn't have the money to paint just yet. you could make it easier on her by suggesting that for your birthday or christmas or whatever you get to have a bedroom make-over.