Wednesday 21 September 2011

What is the difference between contradicting yourself and just changing your mind?

Changing your mind is when you say something and then after further thought realize you are wrong and need to change your stance. I think if you do not have the courage to change your mind then you are foolish and closed minded.



Contradictiong yourself is when you say one thing out in the open and then behind closed doors you do another.
What is the difference between contradicting yourself and just changing your mind?
contradicting yourself is not practicing what you preach but if you change your mind you will acknowledge what you thought before as being wrong, and now you go with the opposite answer. I guess acknowledging what you thought was wrong is what determines if you contradict yourself or change your mind.
What is the difference between contradicting yourself and just changing your mind?
How should I know? I'm a woman, I never do those things!
When you change your mind, you acknowledge (at least to yourself) that you thought one way before, but that now you think a different way. Example: %26quot;I think I'll order the fish. On second thought, I've decided to order the steak.%26quot; When you simply contradict yourself, you don't acknowledge (or even realize, possibly) that you are presenting two opposing thoughts/actions. Example: %26quot;I am a responsible employee.%26quot; (But I call in sick all the time for no reason, play games and chat all day, and never finish projects on time.)
Contradicting yourself is when you say, for example, that Calvinism and Arminianism are equally true. Changing your mind results when you discern the error of your current view in light of new evidence.
Funny, I was just thinking about this..only I was thinking lying and changing my mind. 2 totally seperate things~lying would mean intentionally saying one thing and doing another...changing your mind would be saying one thing and later deciding to do the opposite :)
Contradicting is when you are talking and believing in what you say and in the next breathe you are saying something totally different and not even realizing what you have just said because you talk so much.......changing ones mind is realizing at that very moment apples are not oranges yada yada yada...sureilll
This quetion you posted has 2 points which are not contradicting %26amp; since you have not withdraw this question, you have not change your mind.
A CHANGE OF MIND IS WHEN YOU HAVE REALIZED THAT HEY MAYBE THIS IS RIGHT.



CONTRADICTING IS WHEN YOU ARE GOING WITH THE FLOW OF THOSE AROUND AND BEING DOUBLE MINDED ABOUT EVERYTHING.
EXAMPLE



Yesterday I stated loudly that I would put on a clean pair of trousers, then I walked around the village wearing nothing but a dirty dress.
Hmmm, lets see. Contradicting oneself is when you do the opposite of what you say. Changing your mind refers to you realizing that your first choice may not have been the most efficient way to solve the problem.



Rum Shots!
Wow. Where do you come up with these questions? Deep, I think. I think you'd be contradicting yourself if you attempted to change your opinion/mind WITHOUT acknowledging that you were wrong/mistaken the first time....



I hope that makes some sense... it did in my head. :-)
Mind changing is a woman's perogative....contradiction is not keeping not keeping to your belief...
Contradiction is when you really don't know what you're talking about, but really want to sound like you do.

Changing your mind is when you thought you knew what you were talking about, but discovered, that now you do.