Wednesday 21 September 2011

Ever thought about changing your mind about this?

So I feel like I'd prefer to just have a smaller wedding now... but it's a bit too late.



We invited 185 people, expecting 150. I just feel like I'd be totally fine with 50 of the closest family and friends there. I may have just thought hey, this is what weddings are supposed to be like, and started this huge list...



*sigh*... but we sent out the save-the-dates already and it would be horrible to cut the guest list NOW and not invite these people who are obviously expecting invitations.

Wedding is May 15th...
Ever thought about changing your mind about this?
I'd agree with you that it's a bit too late now that you've sent out the save the dates. If you cut the guest list, people will assume you think they're %26quot;B-list%26quot; guests and that they aren't important to you.



I for one want a small wedding, but I don't think 150 people is too big. Just remember that it's your day and you'll enjoy it regardless of whether you have 10 people or 150.
Ever thought about changing your mind about this?
It's definitely too late. I felt the same way about some of our wedding party, but alas, the question had been asked, couldn't take it back.
i'm in the same boat. I only wanted 40-50 guest. We are having 110. I was so excited to be married that I sent save the dates to everyone. Then as the date got closer I realized I didn't want all those people there. It was too late to not invite them. Especially when they sent wedding cards and gift. I know a least half the people I won't speak to until the next wedding or family funeral.



So i'm sucking it up and that's all I can do. %26quot;sigh%26quot;