Saturday 24 September 2011

Has anyone here ever changed their mind about giving birth and decided to have an abortion after a while?

So far the only thing I've seen is a someone deciding right away to keep the baby. Or deciding right away to abort the baby, not changing their mind at any point.



I'm 22 and pro-choice.
Has anyone here ever changed their mind about giving birth and decided to have an abortion after a while?
not me, but my friend Lynn, she was raped and at first decided to keep the baby, following the train of thought that the rape wasn't the baby's fault... but at about 9 weeks she decided to abort. We got pregnant 1 day apart and i was worried how it would affect our friendship her seeing me being pregnant and having a visual marker of where she would have been...

but then at 12wks when it was time for her appt she changed her mind again and kept it.

we're both now at 33 1/2 wks and she has no regrets about continuing her pregnancy.
Has anyone here ever changed their mind about giving birth and decided to have an abortion after a while?
I'm 32 and (mostly ) pro-life! I only believe in abortions under SERIOUS circumstances! Anyway, I am 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and going through with this pregnancy :) It's the best gift my husband and God could ever give me :)))))))
The thing is there's a time limit for abortion before states outlaw it or women become uncomfortable with the idea. A lot of women don't find out they're pregnant right away, so it could just be that it seems like they decide right away, when in actuality, they're several weeks pregnant and getting close to the time when abortions aren't allowed. It is a huge, serious decision and a lot of consideration goes into it (ideally) so once a woman's mind is made up, it's not likely that she'll change it. Sometimes, it's a completely selfish decision, and in that case, it's not likely that the motivation will change. My husband and I considered abortion. We went to the clinic and had an appointment for the actual procedure and everything. When we left the clinic though, it just felt wrong for us and we decided to keep our baby. I'm sure there are plenty of women who changed their mind, but since the decision needs to be made fairly quickly, there's not a lot of time to wait around to make the choice. Our decision was made then changed in about a week.