Saturday 24 September 2011

Can you remember a time when you changed your mind on a big personal issue? What was the thought process B4 it?

What I'm interested in is how major shifts in beliefs occur in peoples minds. I'm NOT interested in when external circumstances change %26amp; your mind changes as a result. I'm interested in how YOU change from one strongly held belief to a different belief at an internal level. Please give examples about the subject %26amp; state what thought processes kicked in to make you change - be analytical.
Can you remember a time when you changed your mind on a big personal issue? What was the thought process B4 it?
I was sent to Sunday school until I ran away at age 7, because I decided there was no God. I am still an Atheist.



I prayed very hard every week at Sunday school for my father to stop abusing and beating me; it never worked, so I lost my belief.



Once I worked out that religion had nothing to do with life, but that I had to make my own way in the world, I worked hard at school and did well.



I always thought for myself; whilst at Sunday school, or ordinary school, or anywhere else, really; I was (and still am) surprised by how many people don't read, listen, and make their own decisions.
Can you remember a time when you changed your mind on a big personal issue? What was the thought process B4 it?
There was a tuning point in my life. When I had severe mental set back. It happened somewhere in the year 1981, July. Exact date I do not remember. It happens generally during adolescent stages. At that time if we are really lucky, we will be able to get a wise Mentor, we can keep him as our guide for our whole life.