Sunday 5 June 2011

What is the chance of an adoptive mother changing her mind?

My family is in the process of adopting from an expecting mother. We are SO excited, but we are worried that she will change her mind when she sees the child she held for nine months. I know it is hard, but we want to know how often it happens and what the chances of it happening this time.|||It happens more often than you think. Remember most of the time mom can decide to change her mind. She has a certain number of weeks to decide. That is just the way it is





we know a couple who were set to adopt 4 different times and each time the mother backed out.





Finally the fifth and last time they were going to try to adopt they got their little boy.








I know I could never give up my biological child whether I originally wanted him or not.





A lot of mothers do back out but some don%26#039;t.





Its just a risk you have to take with adoption





Unless you adopt through the foster care program but you won%26#039;t get a newborn





Sorry I couldn%26#039;t be more positive.





You may be lucky and get this baby but in the end I still believe its best in the long run for baby and bio mom to be together|||Most times, they really don%26#039;t allow the birth mother to see the baby for just that reason.


Are you paying for expenses? What kind of contract was signed? If so, then she can be held financially responsible should she decide to keep the baby as well.


But it does happen, but not as often as the movies seem to make it out. I don%26#039;t have an exact statistic for you though ;)





Best of luck!|||pretty high actually





good luck :]|||I don%26#039;t know the statistics but I know it happens a fair bit. Try not to get too excited until it%26#039;s definite. I know that%26#039;s a really hard thing to ask - but try to think of it from her perspective. Who wouldn%26#039;t want their baby? Good luck.





Harriet|||It%26#039;s really a 50/50 chance..


just don%26#039;t count your chicks until they hatch okay... Good luck