Sunday 5 June 2011

How do i go about changing my mind about overtime at work (UK)?

I accepted when I was asked to do overtime (being a week new i felt a little put on the spot) and now I dont want to do it as something else important has popped up. How do I tell my supervisor? Am I allowed to change my mind about it? I dont want to create a bad impression....|||working overtime is not essential, as long as u do ur normal hours then everythings fine, just bcoz u refuse doing overtime now and agian doesnt make u a bad employee.


try telling ur boss ASAP that something urgent has come up and that u cant do the overtime, just apologise to him/her, but uve got to tell him/her ASAP so that they can replace someone else to do ur overtime dont leave it to the last minute coz that%26#039;ll make u look really bad. u dont need to worry about that, its happened to me a few times and i had to cancel my overtime, thats normal.


goodluck hun x|||if you haven%26#039;t signed a contract it%26#039;s fine.|||yeah. im sure they wont mind if you tell them its really important. ask them if they can change the dates too to help you out.|||It probably wont create a good impression with your new boss. can you change the other thing?|||Overtime can only be carried out on a voluntary basis and therefore is not compulsory and it should not affect your rights as a worker. However you should let your manger know immediately so they can arrange cover. Just be honest and explain your predicament, you should be okay. |||Just be honest.


They will value that.